8.03.2005

Flakiness, standards, and blowjobs

I have to say that it's fairly frustrating trying to maintain a (relatively) anonymous blog when I enjoy being (semi) public. Today, I posted something in the Other Blog that I'd love to re-post here, but I'm too damn paranoid about someone making the connection between the two and having my guise of anonymity blown.

Anyway, business has been off and on. I was supposed to see a client yesterday, but the jerk cancelled. Being a very responsible person by nature, I am always irritated when people cancel on me for a reason that I don't deem "worthy" in my book, but it seems that frequent cancellations and flakiness in general are the norm in this business. Or at least mine anyway.

One of my clients has been requesting a service from me that I have happily provided to other clients, but for some reason I'm not comfortable bestowing on him. I find it interesting that giving Client A a blow job feels easy-breezy, but doing the same act with Client B seems like a chore. Of course, I have the right to decide what my boundaries are for particular clients in each moment, but I find it thought-provoking that my standards for each client vary so widely. Another client who is perpetually trying to push my boundaries tried to get me to find another sex worker to join us for a session, but scouring through the literally hundreds of other craigslist ads, I could only find *one* other girl I even found remotely attractive. Funnily enough, her look (kind of post-punky) is very very similar to mine. So even though I was frustrated with the searching process (and the client) it made me happy that I still get to be a niche market in this area. I thought about how hard it'd be to find work in an area populated with more "alternative" appearing sex workers like San Francisco, for example, where the market seems to be flooded with strippers earning their M.A.s and tattooed girls trying to get paid for fucking their butch girlfriends in front of you.

Ok, sorry for letting this post tangent off in far too many directions. I have lots of amorphous thoughts floating around and I hope to get them organized enough to be able to post something with a bit more meat in it the next time around.

Until then, darlings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home