8.18.2011

One sentence at a time

A year and a half ago, I quit the internet.

I mean, not in the 12-step tradition where you pledge abstinence and apologize to all you've wronged sense; no, I quit in a no more blog writing/blog reading/social networking sites sort of way. I wrote emails, I occasionally posted pictures of beautiful food on the internet, and called it a day.

The multiple hours a day I spent writing posts (on my other blog), reading others' words, and seeing every interesting person, event, and encounter as a potential post got really old. I felt like I was only as good as my next juicy story. Taking a break was exactly what I needed. I needed the space to live life without feeling the (internal) pressure to repeat it back to an audience.

But damn, after a year and a half, I've started to miss it again. So, I'm back. Sort of.

I no longer have the time to write long posts every day, nor is my life as exciting as it was when I posted here last, but I've decided to try and write one sentence a day. I hope that sometimes it'll be more, but I want to challenge myself to write at least one sentence every day about anything and everything.

Finally, to catch y'all up to speed, I thought you might like to know what happened while I was away.

Since 2007, I: found an awesome job; quit sex work; found a terrible girlfriend and dated her for far longer than I should have; thought that the breakup was the beginning of my Saturn Return; thought about writing a book, chickened out; had a dramatic friend breakup; had a bunch of dates and a lot of casual sex; thought I met the love of my life, but got a best friend instead; became quite enthralled with cooking and the world of foodies; got a pseudo-girlfriend who wouldn't commit and ended it exactly when I needed to; got promoted at work to a fancy position; had more casual sex and got disillusioned by it; went on vacation with friends on an annual basis, loved it; moved into my own apartment; thought about writing a book, chickened out again; realized that what I thought was my Saturn Return in 2008 was only the prequel to what I now believe is my actual Saturn Return; began to prepare myself for lots of bumpy-ass changes ahead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and I'm excited to read everything, one sentence at a time.I got a little teary at the best friend part!!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! you're back! im reading every day like old times.. xo!

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home