12.05.2006

It Ain't Easy [Looking For] a Pimp

Well, I'm still at it.

Despite all my reservations, I'm continuing to see clients. In fact, I contacted a local agency for the first time and they bit right back. In a few days, I'll meet with the guy who runs the agency and maybe start working for them.

PROS
*More clients = more money
*The agency screens clients ahead of time
*The agency provides protection and also transportation
*No more trolling craigslist for shady flakes who will waste my time

CONS
*More clients = higher chance of burnout
*High possibility of seeing several (up to 6, even?) clients a night carries with it a high possibility that I will feel extremely grossed out
*I will, for all intents and purposes, have a pimp
*The dude in charge takes a large percentage of any money earned

I think that, if this meeting with him goes well, I am going to join the agency despite the pretty significant list of cons. I'll go on a bender for a couple of weeks and hopefully by the new year, I'll have a new job and a cozy stack of cash saved up for my impending move. Oh wait, did I mention that to y'all? Not only am I looking for work, but I am also looking to move to The Big City (you can probably guess which one). Whether or not I'll continue my underground career there is to be determined by what kind of job I'll get and what it pays.

But, having a pimp? As a feminist, the idea of having one is pretty appalling. At the same time, I will be thoroughly screening this dude to make sure he's not crazy, abusive, violent or some scary combination of the three. And the pros on the list are pretty tempting. The agency does all of the advertising, all of the scheduling, and even provides an incall location if I want one.

I swear, my involvement in this profession becomes more and more surreal as time goes on. Funnily enough, I still feel really fucking naive about it all. It can be fun to act jaded and worldly when I tell my wide-eyed friends the stories, but deep down, I think I'm still clutching my pearls.

5 Comments:

Blogger fjp said...

I don't know if you've considered it as a con, but if you can't mandate your own work hours, it's going to be very difficult looking for a 9-5 while working for the agency. Good luck with it.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Lusty said...

Oh, I definitely won't be working full time for the agency, nor will I continue to work with an agency once I get a full time job. It's basically a way to stock up on cash while I save up for the move.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well help me my kids needs food

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

call 850-339-2262

11:27 AM  
Blogger mr.magic said...

I saved up for a move of my own a few years back. ive been stuck wishing I would have held on to some parts of what had me feeling like I was on top of the world. thnks for writing the things you wrote, I wish the best for you. hopefully ill find a few as intelligent an knowledgeable as yourself. marcusfulle79@gmail.com

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home